Narrabri Homelessness Support Service (NHSS)
Narrabri Homeless Support Service/Women and Children’s Refuge
The Narrabri Homelessness Support Services (NHSS) provides services to those who are suffering with the effects of being homeless and provide crisis accommodation to women and children affected by domestic violence. We offer ongoing support and assistance in a neutral and non judgmental environment.
Homelessness is not just about lack of shelter. We might all experience an episode of homelessness in our lives, but for most of us this is a brief experience. People who are homeless and the people who are assisting those who are homeless know that experiencing homelessness is more than seeking housing.
People experiencing homelessness may be:
- Sleeping Rough
- In Crisis or Temporary accommodation
- Couch surfing with family and friends
Narrabri Homelessness Support Service Offers 4 Core Responses:
- Intervening early to prevent homelessness
- Rapid re-housing
- Crisis and transition responses
- Intensive responses for clients with complex needs.
The Staff at Narrabri Homelessness Support Service (NHSS) Offer the Following Services:
- Assistance with seeking temporary emergency accommodation.
- Assistance into seeking permanent housing and tenancy; including assistance with Rent Start Bond Loans and applications for housing and rentals.
- Crisis accommodation for Women and Children who have been affected domestic violence.
- Referrals for meals and food parcels.
- Financial assistance.
- Court Support
- Budgeting assistance and support.
- Living Skills including our Rent It Keep It Program and Recipe For Life.
- Or a general chat.